How to download galapro
GalaPro is available to download for free on the App Store or from Google Play. We recommend downloading the App and signing up for an account before arriving at the show.
Tips for Downloading:
- Search for GalaPro - all one word
- Make sure you know your App Store or Google Play username and password. You may be asked to input your password to authorize the download.
- The app is free to download and use for closed captioning, but may use data if you are not connected to Wifi. We do not offer Wifi to download at the theatre. Additionally, if available, translation services may have a fee.
- Once you register for an account, you will be ready to enjoy the show when you arrive!
How to sign up for an account
Once you've downloaded GalaPro, open the app and select 'Get Started Now.'
1. Choose whether to allow notifications (not necessary for the program).
2. Enter your email address
3. Create a password
4. Check 'I accept the GalaPro terms of service and privacy settings'
5. Tap 'Create Account'
After your account has been created, you'll be redirected to select your show.
Getting Started with GalaPro
Once downloaded, GalaPro walks you through getting started with closed-captioning at your performance.
1. If not already selected, change your event location by tapping the city located at the top left corner. Select 'Oklahoma City.' Note: Oklahoma City will only appear on this list when a currently-running show is using GalaPro in OKC.
2. Select your performance by tapping on the performance card or show name.
3. You'll be directed to additional information and services for the show. Scroll down to select your services. Please know that you can only select one service at a time. When you're ready, tap the blue 'play' button at the bottom of the screen.
4. GalaPro will then display the required steps in order for the service to start. You must complete the following:
a. Put your phone on Airplane Mode
b. Connect to the GalaPro Wifi system. (Only available within the theatre)
5. Closed-captioning will begin with the show. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Tips When Using GalaPro
When viewing a closed-captioned performance:
- Tap the top left of the screen to pull up a menu to access settings, or exit the service.
- Swipe up or down in short strokes on the screen to raise and lower the brightness of the closed-captioning. The color of the service and the brightness are intended to minimize light disturbance for your neighbors, who may not be using GalaPro.